TERMS & CONDITIONS All orders accepted by the Company subject to the following conditions which shall prevail over all conditions specified by "The Customer" to the extent that they conflict or are constant with them. The expression The Company shall mean M&M Carpet Contractors Limited. "The Customer" means the customer signing below. "The Site" means the premises at which the materials will be fitted.
- Delivery time is not the essence of the contract whilst the company will make every reasonable endeavour to maintain any stated delivery date it accepts no liability whatsoever for consequential loss resulting from any delay however this may have been caused.
- All carpets are liable to pile shading differences light and dark areas arising from unequal surface pressure this is not a fault in manufacture and is in no way detrimental to the durability of the carpet.
- It is the Customer’s responsibility to tell the fitter or notify in writing the location of any cables or pipes which may be damaged during the installation. No responsibility can be accepted for damage to cables or underfloor pipes or for subsequent damage to property or fittings.
- When a customer places an order for carpets or vinyl which is based on the customer’s own measurements and does not want the company to estimate for the order the customer accepts full liability for the dimensions stipulated.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to clear rooms of furniture, effects and old carpets from the rooms to be fitted. These items are not in our quotation unless stated and the cost of such clearance will be charged for. A typical charge would be £35.00 per room cleared. Any old fragile or valuable furniture should be moved by a specialist. If for any reason we have to, reasonable care will be taken to avoid any damage but we cannot accept responsibility for accidental damage.
- Easing or trimming of doors is not included in our quotations and is not undertaken by the company. This can however be arranged through a third party.
- The legal and equitable title to the goods supplied under any contract will not pass to the purchaser until the price for the goods and all other sums due from the purchaser under such contract have been paid in full and until such payment the purchaser will hold the goods in a fiduciary capacity as a Bailee for the company.
- Should any time be wasted by our fitters or employees due to not being able to gain access to the site or to deliver or install carpets/floor coverings, or the site not being ready to receive fitting this will result in a charge being made to the customer to recover the losses to the company.
- Cancellation of the orders cannot be accepted for the following: if the carpet has been specially manufactured, or if the materials have been put into work, or if the carpet or goods have been cut or dispatched from the manufacturer or supplier or if the carpet or goods have been cut from our own stock. In the event of the company accepting a cancellation, a minimum of 15% of the invoice amount shall be chargeable. Cancellations must be made in writing.
- Unless otherwise stated a contract price is for one visit to the site only and if this contract is interrupted or extended due to change of specification and/or instructions by the customer or it is found that additional remedial work is necessary by the Company or there is interference by other trades which delay the contract all additional fares, travelling time and time spent on the site will be charged in addition to the contract price.
- Exact British Standard 3655 of 1963 Statement of dimensions Carpets sold as Piece Goods (e.g. Body and Broadloom). The length and width of the carpet shall be stated in British linear units, each dimension being subject to a tolerance of 0.5" per yard or part of a yard. Additionally, but not alternatively the dimensions may be stated in metric units.
- The customer must notify the company in writing within fourteen days if claims are to be accepted of any faulty workmanship, damage or loss of fixtures or property. Claims for short delivery must also be made in writing within fourteen days.
- If an invoice is unpaid after 30 days from the date of the invoice, an interest charge of 5% above the Bank of England minimum lending rate prevailing from time to time during such period shall be chargeable thereafter. Should the company decide to instruct a professional collection agency or solicitor to collect a debt due the whole cost of such collection shall be borne by the customer. In addition if any cost regarding clearance of unpaid cheques by the company's bankers are made, such costs shall be due from the customer.
- A 2.5% discount can be taken from the net amount if payment is made within 14 days of the date of invoice.
- Storage of carpets at our warehouses is limited. If, after four weeks of notification that your carpet is ready for installation, an invoice for stored carpets of £3 per day where appropriate will be raised.
- For the installation of vinyls/linos/Amtico and or timbers, it is essential that all subfloors are free of damp. If the customer has such knowledge M&M Carpets should be made fully aware of this. The average drying time of a new concrete floor is one millimetre per day.
- A level subfloor is essential to obtain maximum wear and subsequent complaints arising, due to uneven or open floorboards, cannot be accepted. Where floorboards are unsatisfactory, feltine paper or hardboard must be used to prevent damage and/or dust from penetrating through to the surface of the carpet. We recommend that all solid floors are drilled and plugged and/or stuck to acceptable gripper rods and door plates. Fitting carpets to Marley tile surfaces can result in the unavoidable damage to the tiles for which we cannot accept responsibility.
Orders will only be accepted subject to these conditions of trading.